2nd Annual Home For The Holidays
FREE Horse Adoption Day
All adoption fees will be waived for available horses, all horses will be microchipped, vaccinated, dewormed and have current negative Coggins.
What: Free Horse Adoption Event!
When: Sunday, December 16th, 2018 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Where: Horse Plus Humane Society, 600 Charles McClearen Rd, Hohenwald, TN
Please print off and fill out this adoption application and bring it to the event. Adoption applications are processed on the day of the event and you will be able to take your adoptive horse home with you the same day.
- Adoption Limit – There is a limit of 2 equines per adopter and their immediate family for this event.
- Horse Experience – This event is not for first-time horse owners but experienced horse owners. If you are a first-time horse owner you’re welcome to come to the event and we will give you a coupon, good for 3 months. First-time horse owners need to work with our adoption specialist to ensure they find a horse that is the right match for them. We need to take time with them after the event to make sure they will have a happy long future together with their new horse.
- Adequate Horse Facility – Adopter must have a safe pen and shelter either natural or man-made for the horse. Adopted horses can live at a boarding stable but adopter must let the owner of the boarding stable know if anything happened to them the horse is to come back to our shelter.
- Photo ID – You must bring photo ID identification with you to the adoption event.
- Adoption Application – All potential adopters must print off and fill out the adoption application form prior to the event. They must bring the adoption application to the adoption day along with photos of where the horse will be staying. (Forms will be available day of the event if necessary.) Our adoption specialist will talk with the adopter and help them find their right horse. We do a criminal background check on adopters. We reserve the right to deny any adopter without explanation.[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.horseplushumanesociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Adoption-Application-Form-2.pdf” title=”Adoption Application Form (2)”]
- Photos – A minimum of printed 5 photos must be brought to the adoption event of where the horse will be living. We keep the photos. If you do not bring printed photos that match Google Earth of where the horse will be living we will not adopt a horse to you.
- First Right of Refusal Agreement – All adopters must sign a first right of refusal agreement for each adopted horse. If the horse is not the right match for them they may return the horse to Horse Plus Humane Society and/or exchange it for another horse at our shelter in Hohenwald at any time during business hours in the future. Adopters are responsible for returning the horse to Horse Plus Humane Society and any costs involved with transport.
Facebook Event Page – Click Here.